<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10268662\x26blogName\x3dSlow+Children+At+Play\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://slowchildrenatplay.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://slowchildrenatplay.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7052234825352739200', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Thursday, January 27, 2005

Frankenshea


, originally uploaded by slowchildrenatplay.

When disposable shoes are invented, Shea will have been the inspiration. It doesn't matter where the shoes were last night, because at least one of them will be missing this morning. Such was the case this morning, and the drama ensued. Waking up to a household of kids in various stages of readiness is frantic enough, but when Shea's shoes are missing, the house hits drama level red.

After I told her that she would have to wear her sister's shoes(which are 1/2 size larger than her own) to school, her gift of theatre came out. After the tears, which are just a given with a Shea-Shoe-Crisis, I was treated to the most pathetic, gut-wrenching, hilarious perforance I've seen to date from her.

These evil shoes were 'wiggly', according to her description between tears. When I checked to make sure they weren't too big, they seemed to fit her better than they even fit her older sister. What I hadn't accounted for was the evil spell some witch doctor in the Congo must have placed on the wiggly shoes. For now, Shea could neither walk nor stand. I'd help her up, and she'd slink back to the carpet. When I finally stood her up, she walked with her arms leaning on any wall or solid surface, balancing like a toddler taking her first steps. A first grade Frankenstein had been created in my evil lab (also called the shoe closet). I unleashed my monster onto the world by driving her to the neighbors' before school. Excited to see her friend, she hopped out of the car, skipped halfway up the lawn before remembering she was supposed to be in character, and slowly monster stepped to the front door with her arms reaching in front of her. Frankenshea was back, so first graders beware. Vats of hot tar and torches will be available in the cafeteria.

posted by Shaun at 9:11 AM
link |

8 Comments:

Blogger Pissy Britches commented at 11:03 AM~  

Ok. Kids are such trama drama. Disposable shoes, damn good idea!
I am confused?? Imagine that. Are you Kristen's hubby/boyfriend etc? Excuse my ignorance please. I am trying to figure out who knows who and so on and so forth.

Blogger Random and Odd commented at 6:50 PM~  

This would be my pain in the ass boyfriend. JUST KIDDING SHAUN.

Dashababy.blogspot.com is my sister

:)

Blogger Shaun commented at 7:54 PM~  

Yes, I'm Kristine's bitch.

Blogger Random and Odd commented at 9:45 PM~  

That's what I like to hear!

Blogger Pissy Britches commented at 2:30 PM~  

I like a man that knows his place! Kidding, kidding!
Ok. I get it now. Excuse my dumbass self. I should have been able to read below the link on Kristens site where it says "yes, my boyfriend"

Blogger Admin commented at 10:59 AM~  

Wow, what a great site. I will bookmark this site and return often. It's nice to see sites like this.

Please visit my website and let me know what you think. Cheap Disney Tickets

Blogger Admin commented at 5:01 PM~  

Great blog, keep up the good work. Glad to see sites like this.

Here is another good site I said I would pass along.
Disney World
Thanks

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 11:02 PM~  

Hi - I really like your blog. I have a website on karate kid picture that you might find of interest. Here's the link. Have a look at it and let me know what you think.

Want to Post a Comment?

back to main page



Disclaimer For The Stupid

This is ONLY a blog. If this had been actual news, it wouldn't be as funny and you'd be watching it on TV, where everything is true.


Me

toobig


Archives

2005-01-16
2005-01-23
2005-01-30
2005-02-06
2005-02-13
2005-02-20
2005-02-27
2005-03-06
2005-03-13
2005-03-20
2005-03-27
2005-04-03
2005-04-10
2005-04-17
2005-04-24
2005-05-01
2005-05-08
2005-05-15
2005-05-22
2005-06-05
2005-09-18


Other Slow Children

The BESTEST girlfriend EVER
The Fonz
DashaBaby
Cat

i'll add more later






Designed by mela | Image from stock.xchng
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com